As part of our overall architectural services provision we offer highly qualified conservation professionals who specialise in the restoration and adaptation of buildings of historic interest, particularly those listed by Historic Environment Scotland.
Douglas Jack, who is accredited in conservation by the RIAS, leads this service for Holmes Miller, and James Gemmell, also accredited in conservation by the RIAS, provides services at the position of project architect. Douglas and James work as a team and provide early stage conservation advice right through to site inspection and construction problem solving.
We have extensive experience in negotiating solutions for sensitive conservation elements of development projects with Planning and Historic Environment Scotland and can bring this expertise to your project.
Key projects which demonstrate our conservation experience are:
- Marishal College, Aberdeen [A Listed]
- 110 St Vincent Street, Glasgow [A Listed]
- 98 Buchanan Street [A Listed]
- Laurieston House [A Listed]
- The Cargill Centre, Kilmacolm
- Hawkhead, Paisley [B Listed]
- Caniesburn, Bearsden [B Listed]