London 2012 Velodrome
The Velopark will host the Olympic Games track cycling and BMX competition. In Olympic Mode the venue will include the Velodrome and BMX Circuit in Olympic configuration with 6000 temporary seats.
In legacy mode, the facility will become a key cycling activity centre in the London region for different types of cycling working at local, regional and national level. The facility will be extended to include the Velodrome, BMX circuit – legacy configuration suitable for competitive and leisure use, Road cycling Circuit and a Mountain Bike Course.
We were the Lead Consultant of the External Technical Review (ETR) team for the provision of technical review and supervisor framework. The general requirements of the ETR team are to:
• Review the design in terms of Technical Correctness and consistency with ODA requirements.
• Provide ODA with technical support during construction.
• Aid in the mitigation of risk.
The purpose of the Supervisor:
• To act as the Employer’s Site Quality Assurance Representative
• To verify contractors compliance with self certification.
• To ensure verifications of the works
• Compliance with NEC Contract.
Olympic Delivery Authority
• Shortlisted for Stirling Prize 2011
• Supreme Award for Structural Engineering Excellence – The Institution of Structural Engineers 2011
• Prime Minister’s Better Public Building Award 2011